Thursday, October 28, 2010

Four Years

I found the perfect anniversary card for DB... put simply, "My life is perfect... and it's all your fault!"

On our third anniversary we laughed - we had only been married three years and we had three babies - agh! This year we are still laughing, and wondering how so much joy manages to come out of so much craziness. I love my husband, I love my family, and I love my life. Things have certainly never been so exciting :)

Go figure, the day didn't go exactly as we had planned it... but George said "love you" at least 5 times today, Olivia had full conversations with all of her toys including hugs, and Samuel was a rock star using his fine motor skills on the great mushroom/toy/thingy we have. I can't lie, I had a moment of disappointment when some things didn't go as planned, but in the end DB and I didn't need the "perfect" day we had planned to realize what a good thing we have. Love you, DB!

The photos don't really match the post... except for the fact that I feel like I've been playing catch up ever since "the babies" joined us :) Ha ha! There is nothing better than a day in the backyard - this is the life that we love!


Beautiful Olivia - I gotcha!
She has not been smiling for pictures lately, but rather turning her back on the camera... but I can still catch her smiling when she's running or telling a story.

Samuel wasn't so sure about the grass under his feet at first...

... but it didn't take too long until he was stomping his feet and laughing!

George went shopping and got some sidewalk chalk...

... unfortunately he forgot it wasn't edible like most things at the grocery store :) He has a great blue goatee going.

Samuel and Olivia loved it too! Until Samuel took a huge bite of it on accident - he won't even entertain the thought of eating food, but he'll take a bite of chalk. Maybe we'll try some chalky tums pills instead of sauces and fruits and veggies! Nah, he was pretty unhappy when he was actually chewing on the chalk :)

No comments: