Thursday, May 7, 2009

Day of Life 100

Yes, really! It has been 100 days since the babies came!

I am so torn. It is amazing how far our pumpkins have come... but I'm not going to lie - it breaks my heart that our little Samuel is still in the hospital. He is doing really well, and is almost five pounds! (Just a reminder - he started at 1 & 1/2 lbs!) But his little lungs are just not good... they still need more time to heal. How much time, we're just not sure. If everything goes perfectly, he could be home in a matter of weeks... if not, it could be a couple more months. We are so ready to have our family together! The great news is that he likes to eat :) The more he grows, the stronger he gets and the more avioli his lungs grow. These are both great things!!!

I miss him so much. I needed to take a minute today to encourage my spirits... here is what I saw...


93 days ago...

5 days ago...


93 days ago...


5 days ago...



104 days ago...


5 days ago...


(You didn't really think I would post a belly photo?! :) )


Brother and sister chillin' :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy First Mother's Day Bethany! What a eventful 100 days you have had so far...it will only get more exciting! Samuel has come so incredibly far in the last 100 days! He is a fighter and he continues to show it! I hope that he is home in no time flat! Here's to healing lungs!

Love, Julie Rolf