Wednesday, January 28, 2009

We have three kiddos

Oh my gosh - we have three kids! Three babies! Three little people that will call us mom and dad! Agh! It WAS an absolute joyous day!

I'm not sure how to upload photos from the hospital yet - sorry! But, here are a few stats...

- Olivia Ann Byrne, Baby A, arrived first at 8:22am at 2 pounds and 12 ounces - and with a ton of dark hair on her little head. Must take after dad :)

- George Alfred Louis Byrne, Baby C, arrived second at 2 pounds and 10 ounces - and has recently decided that he likes both arms to stick stright out... try to swadle him and he pitches a mini fit :)

- Samuel Wright Byrne, Baby B, arrived third at 8:24am at 1 pound and 9 ouncex - he's tiny, but a real fighter... plus, he's got to be loving his new set-up, with lots of room and food :)

Today we are celebrating many highs! I got to see them twice, and DB was back and forth between the NICU and our room all day. Olivia is off the ventilator and requires minimum assistance with much of anything - she even tried a little pacifier. She is being fed what I can give her - yea! George is about to try going off the ventilator tonight, with hopes of switching to eating what I can give him soon. Samuel may also try to go off the ventilator tonight - from what it sounds like, he is currently acting his gestational age, instead of like a baby that is only 1 1/2 pounds.

Thank you for all of your thoughts, prayers, and well wishes! Today they were answered! DB and I are in awe every time we look at them, and can't wait for the day when we can hold them. Hopefully soon! So much to write... but so tired :) So far being parents is exhausting... and totally worth it!

11 comments:

becky said...

congratulations!! we are praying for your "little" family. the weeks will pass quickly and they will be home before you know it! praise God for his wonders!

Rikki said...

Yay! Olivia, George and Samuel! I love it!

Congrats to the two of you. Enjoy this special time and take lots of pictures!

Hugs and love to all,
Rikki

The Mommy said...

YAY! We are so proud of you guys! Congratulations on your 3 miracles. It will only get better from here! Let us know if you need anything from B-town and we'll bring it. My parents live in Charleston so we're always there! Please don't hesitate for anything.
Love,
Shane and Lisa

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

Found out about y'all from Lindsay and have been praying! Congrats! We will continue prayers for a great recovery for mom and a short and effective stay at the hospital! Wonderful news!

Lindsey said...

so happy for you guys! so thankful things went well and we will be praying olivia, george and samuel continue to grow and develop as healthly as can be. can't wait to see pictures! love to all.

Melissa said...

The whole Mandell family sends our congratulations!!!! We are so glad to hear the babies are doing well. How is Mom doing? When will you be discharged? Let us know if you need anything. I (Melissa) will be in Charleston Saturday. Take care.

megan said...

Congratulations! My name is Megan and my husband and I attend Tidal Creek. I travel to MUSC everyday for school and I wanted to let you know if there's anything you need while I'm in Charleston during the day or that I can do in Beaufort for you please let me know! I am more than happy to do anything. My email is meme11385@yahoo.com. Again, congratulations!

Kellie said...

Congratulations! I am a friend of Lindsey's in Alabama! My first- born was born at 32 weeks and had a 4 week stay in the NICU, so while I only had 1 in there, not 3, I know a little about what you're going through. They will be home before you know it and you will wish you had those nurses with you - become their best friends and learn as much as you can from them! Hold your babies as much as they will let you and give thanks to God for every milestone! My prayers are with you - Praise Jesus for He is good!

Ashley said...

we are so excited for ya'll! can't wait to meet those bundles of JOY! God Bless each and every one of them! Hope you're home soon! Love, TnA

ABW said...

Yaaayyyyy! I am so friggin excited. Can't wait to meet you kids!

p&ddoughty said...

So awesome! Contrats to the Byrne family of five. Please know that we are praying daily for all of you. Let us know if there is anything we can do for you. We miss you guys in home group and can't wait for Olivia, George, and Samuel to join us!

Love,
Pam and David