Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Happy Birthday DB!

I've been trying to think of the perfect Happy Birthday post... it's been such a crazy year that I'm not sure where to begin. It's been the kind of year that changes you... luckily DB is still the friend that I can turn to any time and the dad that always knows how to make his family smile. I'll have to keep it short, otherwise I will be bragging on him all day :)

Happy Birthday DB! Put simply - I love you! You are my best friend, and I think you are amazing. What a year we will never forget! Here's to the next one, you deserve the best.

Thanks to the efforts of many, we went out to dinner to celebrate! Some friends met us out, and it was the kind of night where you laugh incredibly loud and often... I'm pretty sure we were "that" table. We had so much fun! What a great release. In two years we have gone from married with dogs to married with triplets and dogs - whew. It really hits you when annual dates like this come up... last year we celebrated DB's birthday in the hospital, and during all the time that has passed, Samuel is still there. But, last March 3rd, all of our babies were in the hospital - this year is much better :) Cheers to the next one!

One of many examples of 'dad fixation'... there's no distracting the babies to take a picture.

If dad's around, the kiddos are smiling!

This is a photo from last March... it happens to be stored in a place where I see it every time I open my memory stick, and I love it! I don't think I've posted it before... but it's the best example I have of how DB looks at his babies, and how they look back at him. It makes my heart happy :)

No comments: